Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Travel Jewelry Roll

We are headed to Colorado for Christmas this year to visit family...WOO HOO!! Its been quite a while since I've traveled outside of Alaska for an extended period of time. (Heck it's been a while since I've traveled anywhere that didn't involve 4-wheelers and camping.) Since we will be there for a little over two weeks, I'm starting to get things together for the trip.  I had to order a new suitcase and am looking into a new laptop bag and what not.  Anways...I don't usually bring alot of jewelry with me because my necklaces always get all tangled up.  But I really want to bring some with me this time.  So I started looking around and thinking about it. I really like the idea of the jewelry roll.  And it just so happens that I had everything I needed to make one at home already.  I had one organic cloth diaper left over, from the burp cloths I made a while back, which made the perfect backer.  I used the last bit of Amy Butler fabric I had, also left over from that project, and the last bit of blue fabric I had left from my family tree project. 


DSC_0548


I made three strips to be used as pockets to hold the bottoms of my necklaces and earrings and one more strip for the top to "hang" my necklaces from. 


DSC_0551


I made a flap to cover everything and ensure that nothing falls out.


DSC_0549


Now I can take my necklaces with me when I travel and not worry about them getting all tangled up:~)


Tara


 



2 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea!! I <3 it!
    Just wanted to thank you for linking up to it's Freakin' Friday and hopefully I'll see you next week! & don't forget to keep an eye out for your feature tomorrow!! :)
    http://yourworkistodiscoveryourworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I typed up this whole thing and it only posted part of it! Awkward!! Anyways, the part after the cute idea is that I loved it, and then I thanked you for linking up to It's Freakin' Friday, and then I finally reminded you to keep an eye out for your feature tomorrow!!
    http://yourworkistodiscoveryourworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete