Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Project Linus

   Meet_linus_big
I have been looking for a way to use my abilities to help.  I stumbled across this organization through one of the various craft blogs I follow. Project Linus has mad it their mission is to provide children who are ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need with love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort through blankets.  I really love this idea.  There is just something about a blanket that provides so much comfort and security.  It is such a simple and inexpensive project that can make such a difference. 


I contacted my local chapter, which amazingly enough there is a new one located here in Fairbanks, and found out that they are in need of boys blankets and blankets for older children.  So far I  have made two blankets and will begin two more here shortly. I am completely inlove with the fleece I found.  It is really nice no-pill fleece which is 50% off right now at JoAnne's.


If anyone is looking for a good "giving" project for the holiday season or anytime take a look at Project Linus:~) 


DSC_0001


(Linus Image Source)


Tara



1 comment:

  1. what a nice and thoughtful way for you to give! I'm looking to see if there is something similar here in Canada, it's a wonderful idea.
    Here from NFF, happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete