Monday, November 22, 2010

Party Dress

I bought this pattern at JoAnne's for $1 at the Veteran's day sale.  I really love the dress and thought it would be perfect for my husband's christmas party.  I found really pretty green shantung fabric that I really liked which was also on sale.


4508738362_1b7e4f8c20_z


(source)


This dress was incredibly simple...no lining, no zipper, simple! It took me a day to make. 


DSC_0571


(Sorry for the bad picture)


I can't decided if I love the dress on me....


I did decide I didn't like the sash that the pattern called for so I switched it out for the belt.  I also didn't add the pockets. I didn't see the point.  The hem on me is a tad shorter then I had expected, but I have long legs.  I may end up wearing this with leggings if I decide to wear it at all.


DSC_0556


Tara


 



2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! You are very skilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO Leggings! rock the short dress! You look good!

    ReplyDelete