Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Embellisehd with Pleats

The weather in here in Interior Alaska has been unusual.  Thanksgiving should bring with it snow and minus temps. Instead this year we get barely freezing temps and rain....yuck! The roads have been so hazardous that they actually closed all the school even the college! That never ever happens here.  It could have dumped snow, there could be dense ice fog, or -65 degree temps and school stays open.  That should paint a picture of just how awful the roads are. I borrowed this pic from a friend.  This is what the roads looked like on Monday morning.


149545_10150119965093776_831033775_7695877_4397354_n


Fun, right? Any-who...I had intended to make some pretty fabric napkins and napkin rings for Thanksgiving, but give the road conditions I decided that driving into town on my own for fabric was not the best idea. The hubby and I did brave the roads yesterday to run errands, but I completely forgot to grab fabric.  Not that my hubby would have been patient in JoAnne's anyways:~)  


I have a white cardigan from the Gap that I have been meaning to dress up a bit and just haven't gotten around to it.  Since my napkin project wasn't going to happen I decided to finally work on my sweater.


DSC_0564


DSC_0566


I used an old tank top and cut it into strips for the pleats.  I then folded each pleat and pinned them in place.  I stitched my pleats in place by hand. This way if I ever decide to remove the pleats I can. I'm thinking about stitching on either side of my initial stitch line with colored thread.  We'll see:~)


Tara



No comments:

Post a Comment