Monday, November 15, 2010

Jcrew Inspired Headband Tutorial

While shopping for tights the other day I found this on jcrew.com.  Jcrew


I loved it, but I don't wear headbands enough to justify spending $30 and it looked easy enough to make.  I found a satin coverd headband at JoAnne's for $2 and a bag of acrylic rhinestones for $3.  I also bought a piece of black felt to use as a backer which was $0.59.  Here is what my final product ended up looking like.


DSC_0026


What you will need:


Acrylic Rhinestones


Small Pearls


Felt


Headband


Hot Glue Gun


1. Figure out how long your felt backer needs to be. I put the headband on and marked right above my ear. I measured from that point to the middle of the headband for the length. I then decided how wide I wanted it and cut my felt to fit.


DSC_0021


2. Next I arranged my rhinestones and glued them to the felt. Make sure to leave room between your rhinestones for the pearls.


   DSC_0023

3. Cut away the excess felt leaving a small border around the outside edges of the rhinestones.


4. Start adding the pearls.  Add a little hot glue at a time, being careful not to get it all over the place.  Then add pearls as if you were spreading glitter over glue.  Push them done to ensure they stick and remove those that don't. Keep doing this until you have added as many pearls as you want.


5. Glue your creation on to your headband. 


Now you have a pretty hair accerrory for the holidays:~)


IMG_0527


IMG_0530


Tara


 



2 comments:

  1. Hey there!! I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to be featuring you on and this lovely headband on my blog! The post won't be up until this weekend, but I got paranoid about forgetting to let you know. Anyways, keep an eye out for it Saturday morning!
    Anestazia <3
    http://yourworkistodiscoveryourworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!! I'll keep my eyes peeled for your post.

    ReplyDelete