Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Yoga Mat Bag

College classes start again on Thursday.  This year along with my academic classes I have decided to take a hot yoga class as well. I'm hoping this will help keep my energy/spirits up during our cold, dark, alaskan winter (which is already peaking around the corner) and get my butt back into shape:~)


Since I will be lugging myself and my mat downtown twice a week I decided a bag was in order.  I used the fabric I had left over from my ironing board cover and to get started I used Amy Butler's free Nigella Yoga Bag pattern. I made my bag a bit bigger. The material my mat is made of is rather clingy and the larger bag helps keep it from getting hung up on the material and it fits my water bottle:~)  I also did not add the pocket, I mixed up my fabric a bit by adding a panel down the front, and I changed up the top so that it could be cinched closed. 


DSC_0003 


DSC_0006_4


DSC_0002


I had intended to make a tutorial, but I ran out of time.  If anyone is interested in a tutorial with the changes I made let me know:~)


Tara

 



5 comments:

  1. I am hosting a Thursday Linky called Thrilling Thursday. I would love for you to stop by and link up!
    Thrilling Thursdays @Paisley Passions
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute. AND very useful! Thanks for sharing your idea!
    -Polly
    www.learnandgopollyco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking this up to Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions! I hope you will join in on the fun again next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty fabric you chose. It makes me want to try yoga!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping by from New Friend Friday, and I just wanted to let you know that if you everrrr decided to put up the tutorial, I would <3 it! Your bag is absolutely adorable!
    http://yourworkistodiscoveryourworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete