Monday, September 27, 2010

Farmhouse Headboard

Bed
Sometime between homework and getting the house ready for winter I found time to finally build my headboard! The project were courtesy of Ana over and ana-white.com (aka knockoffwood.com). I used her plans for her Reclaimed Wood Headboard. It was surprisingly easy and went together really fast. By the time everything was said and done I spent about $100, $80 on wood and about $20 on stain, sealer, brushes, and glue.  I used minwax's 1-step stain + polyurethane in American Walnut with a Satin finish. After a lot of going back and forth, I decided not to distress and only lightly sanded the wood.  I used hammar, nails, and glue to put it together.  I was being lazy and didn't feel like lugging the pressure tank into the house for the nail gun. Even with hammer and nails the building part went smoothly and I managed to only smash my finger once:~)  My hubby helped cut the boards and I put 'em all together.  Once it came to the finishing part, I have to say, I was really afraid to start staining.  My first staining experience a few years back was less than encouraging and I was afraid of more or less ruining my project, but this time I think staining went extremely well. I love how it turned out, color and all.  Now I'm ready for more...next stop...book shelves!


DSC_0029


DSC_0026


DSC_0042


Tara


 



2 comments: