Thursday, September 9, 2010

Tutorial: No Sew Fabric Rosette Broach

It's official, fall has finally arrived in the Alaskan interior.  The leaves are yellow and covering the ground.  The temperature has been consistently below 60 degrees and its been raining a lot.

The upside to all of this is that it's time for the cardigans that I love oh so much! I'm especially digging the ones I've been seeing in stores these days.


18866491_095_b


On772029-05vliv01


My closet is already full of cardigans, but they are all rather plain Jane.  So my wheels started turning...why not just spice them up a little? Armed with inspiration I set out to remedy this "situation".

 

Fabric Rosette Broach

What you will need:

6 - 1" strips of fabric of varying lengths

1 piece of felt (about 10x10) cut in half

2 safety pins

hot glue gun

1. Start by creating your rosettes.  Make a few different sizes.

**Little Birdie Secrets has a fantastic tutorial**

 

IMG_0252

2. Place your newly created rosettes on one piece of the felt. I like to lay them out the way I'll be gluing them down.


IMG_0257

3. Glue them down using your hot glue gun.


IMG_0256 

4. Cut away the excess felt with some scissors.


IMG_0258

5. The other piece of felt is used to add stability to your broach.  Cut two sets of small holes in the second piece of felt so that the back of your safety pins will slide through like the image below.


IMG_0261

6. Glue your second piece of felt to the back of your broach (safety pins facing out) and cut away the excess.  Take care not to accidentally glue the safety pins down as they need to move freely for pinning ease. 


IMG_0264

And WA LA now you have a super cute broach!

  
DSC_0038

I intend to add a little spice to the rest of my cardigans and already have plenty of ideas up my tiny sweater sleeves:~)


Tara



1 comment: