Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Last Camping Weekend of the Season

I have been incredibly busy these days.  We did manage to squeeze in one more camping trip this season but now i'm in catch up mode.  I have a bunch of projects I intend to finish up sometime soon, but they keep getting pushed aside due to homework (yuck) and housework (double yuck). 


So in the mean time I have added pictures from our camping trip to my gallery.  We camped out in Thompson Pass at Bluberry Lake State Recreation Park which is located about 25 miles outside of Valdez, AK. The drive down was absolutely spectacular. We could not have asked for more beautiful, clear weather.  We got to hike up to the face of Worthington Glacier and eat at my favorite Chinese food restaurant,  Fu Kung.  Unfortunately the actual city of Valdez was in a pretty thick blanket of fog so we did not get to see Valdez Glacier this time down. But all in all it was a great end to camping season in Alaska for us.


DSC_0186


DSC_0264


IMG_0636


IMG_0670


DSC_0225


Here are some of the shots I added to my gallery...


   DSC_0110


DSC_0177


DSC_0329


DSC_0363


Tara


 


 



3 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! BTW, did you email me earlier today? I can't seem to respond back but if you did...In a Yellow House has gone private. She's discontinuing her photo challenge as well. If you want, send me an email and I can send you her email address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was a beautiful drive.
    I did message you earlier. Thanks for letting me know. I'm a little sad she is discontinuing her photo challenges, I enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that last picture is just gorgeous! it looks like you had a great time. stopping by from NFF.
    www.thecapeonthecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete