Thursday, August 12, 2010

Jazzing it up!

I have been meaning to make a new ironing board cover for some time now. Mine is old and boring. At one point I thought about just buying one.  There are so many very pretty ones over at etsy.  But then I found this tutorial over at Sew4Home and decided to go ahead and make one:~) Plus there is fabric over at JoAnne's that I LOVE and haven't had a project suitable for it.  Now I do.

  
IMG_0106

I used my original cover as my template.  Since it was getting replaced (and it was old and ratty) I had no problems cutting it up.


IMG_0108

IMG_0109



IMG_0110 

This project was super quick and easy.  I added 5 1/2" to my template.  For the wider part of my ironing board it was perfect. However, for the skinner top part it was a bit much.  But I think it turned out pretty well.  What do you think?


DSC_0003

 DSC_0004


Tara





1 comment:

  1. You were the link above me over at New Friend Friday. What a fun final product! Love the fabric choices!
    Nichole @
    carterfamilytable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete