Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cool Whip......

I have used a few recipes in the past few weeks that have called for cool whip. Lately I've been on an eat "real food" kick.  So I decided to make my own whipped cream/cool whip. Since I have never actually made it before I looked into others recipes and recommendations. While out looking I found this: Horrifying 12 day cool whip experiment.  After taking a good look at the pictures from this experiment my hubby and I decided to see for ourselves. 

On August 13, 2010 our cool whip looked like this....

 


DSC_0002_2

  On August 25, 2010 our cool whip looked like this.....



IMG_0144

 

Over the two week period our house got a tad bit warm which caused the cool whip to separate and fall little.  Other than that it firmed up and held its shape and never molded or soured.  The idea of putting something that doesn't seem to want to break down in my body just doesn't sound appealing.

So on to making my own:~)

Whipped Cream

1/2 pint of heavy whipping cream (I used Organic)

Vanilla

Sugar

1. Whip the heavy whipping cream until it starts to thicken. I used an electric mixer.

2. Add vanilla and sugar to taste.  I used a tsp of vanilla and about a tbsp of sugar.

3. Continue mixing your whipped cream until you reach your desired consistency.  

 

DSC_0005 


Tara




1 comment: