Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Verses to keep close

The past few months have brought with it bumps in the road.  The following are bible verses that have helped me over each one of them.  I keep them close to my heart and read them often.


Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18


We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:28


I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. - Isaiah 41:9-10 


 


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, WHICH TRANSCENDS ALL UNDERSTANDING, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:6-7


 



Brothers, as an example of patience in the face of suffering, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy. James:5-10-11 NIV


Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21


And my all time favorite....


Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. - Proverbs 3:5-6


 



No comments:

Post a Comment