Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Anthro Refahsion

I love my craft blogs.  Every morning I grab my coffee and sit down my lovely macbook and go through all of the craft blogs I follow.  I've noticed a trend lately among them, Anthropologie and JCrew refashions.  Two of my very favorite stores that I can't afford to buy anything from.  But oh how I love to torture myself by browsing through their beautiful selections of clothing, especially at Anthropologie.  Drool with me...


013150_031_b

013297_009_b

18283895_062_b

18454827_011_b

013213_011_b
  These are a few of the tops I found during my latest torture session.  I've been so inspired by all of the other refashions I've seen lately, I decided what the heck...I can do that! So I headed to our local thrift store and Joanne's to pick up what I needed to get started. I found a knit top for $4 and some trimmings for about the same. I forgot to take a picture before I went at the shirt with scissors. But here is what it looked like after the scissors:~)


DSC_0052_2 

And here is the finished product. I used another tank top of mine to decide where the sleeves and neck openings needed to be.  I used the sleeves to make the drape in the front and the turtle neck to make the rose.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.


DSC_0057_2





5 comments:

  1. Great job! Awesome work and DARLING! Way to go!
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous! I've been looking for a good design like this that I can wear that will hide my "gut" but still be chic... and THIS IS IT!!! Thanks so much for the inspiration =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here!!! Was drooloing right along with you. That was very creative and the shirt looks so similar! Last winter I broke down and bought a pair of boots from the store. Love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work, it came out beautifully! I need to get to work customizing some cute gear for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I had fun making it.

    ReplyDelete