Thursday, June 10, 2010

Purple Princess!

Today was a bit of a play day for me.  My good friend's daughter is turning 3 in a few weeks.  She is in love with pretty much anything purple and, just like every other little girl, anything princess.

I'm one of those horrible people who takes any chance I can get to buy super cute kids clothes, so I don't usually go the toy route.  But, lately I haven't had the need, want, or desire to buy clothes. So I got to thinking about what to get her for her birthday instead of clothes.  Now, on the occasion that I do buy toys as gifts I try to buy something more on the unique side.  I mean really how many dolls or trucks can you possibly have? (Have I turned into an adult or what?) And then it hit me...She has no dress up clothes!!! Not only does every little girl absolutely need dress up clothes, but its a toy and clothes all in one:~) 

Sticking with my "unique" requirement I decided to make an outfit especially for her.  I headed to JoAnne's to find the brightest purple tulle I could find.  Here is what I came home with:
DSC_0086 

The project took me a few hours this afternoon from start to finish and about $10. I used four layers of tulle.  The bottom layer is a nice smooth, sparkly tulle and the top layer is a netted tulle.  I picked up the crowns while I was at JoAnne's for a $1 a piece and everything else I needed I had on hand.  I'm so excited and I can't wait to see her in it. It actually turned out better than I had envisioned, which pretty much never happens. 
DSC_0088


DSC_0087





2 comments:

  1. Tara. You are way to darn crafty. This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE tutus! Never made one like this, its very cute! LOVE the color! The ribbon around the waist is a pretty touch, I really like it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete