Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Duvet fit for a King

I finally finished the new duvet for my king size bed.  It was super easy and a super pain in the butt! The thing was so big I had absolutely no place in my house to lay it out.  Some how I managed to make it work and I would do it again because that is how in love with the fabric I am.  Plus it only cost me about $60 and with duvet covers running about $120, thats a bad deal.

DSC_0056

So 12 yards of fabric, two JoAnne's coupons, 3 hours of my life, and 7 hammer on snaps later, here is the finished product.......


DSC_0061
(Please excuse my wrinkled bed.  I tried my best to iron out all of the wrinkles, but have you ever tried to iron a king size duvet.....it is not a easy task.)  So now that that is finally finally finished its on to sweet talking my wonderful hubby into helping me make head and foot boards:~)



No comments:

Post a Comment