Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Party Projects

Today I finished up the decorations for my friend's daughter's birthday.  All in all I think that turned out pretty well.  I'm excited to see how it looks all put together.  We pulled ideas and inspiration from a few different, really great sources and I got to work.  My favorite decoration project were the tissue paper pom-poms.  They turned out really, really well.


DSC_0055
We got this idea from a blog called "All Things Thrifty". I did two things differently...I only used 9 sheets of tissue instead of 10 (the packs we bought only came with 9 sheets) and heavy thread instead of craft wire.  I searched and searched for my craft wire to no avail and thus was forced to improvise.  But I still think they turned out pretty good:~)

Another decor piece that we did was a tissue paper number 3. This idea came from a blog called "Prudent Baby".  Again as with the last project, I did a few things differently.  Instead of buying a painter's canvas I made my own frame with some scrap wood and a heavy duty staple gun.  I've used this technique of mine a with a few different projects and it hasn't failed me yet.  I also went pretty overboard with the tissue, so mine is a bit more...fluffy:~)

   
DSC_0056


 


DSC_0056_2
These are part of the table decor.  The foam airplanes were kits we picked up at Joanne's for $1 a piece
.  And the other airplanes I made out of scrap book paper.  I can't wait to put it all together at the party:~)



1 comment:

  1. Two words. YOU. ROCK. LOVE IT!!!!! It all looks amazing. I expect to see photos of the party for sure!

    ReplyDelete