Thursday, July 22, 2010

Family

I have been searching for a "family" sign or vinyl "family" wall decor to hang with my family tree.  Sadly Alaska is limited and I haven't been able to find anything I like.  However, while I was meandering through JoAnne's the other day I found a little wooden "family" that I actually liked.  So I decided to go with it and build on it. I found an 11x14 painters canvas and some acrylic paints on sale.  I also bought a crackle medium to add some texture to the wooden "family" sign.  I used the same fabric I used on parts of my Family Tree as the background. Here are a few during pictures.


DSC_0001_4 I traced our name and date on to the fabric.  I wasn't even going to attempt to freehand.


DSC_0002


DSC_0005

And here are the after pictures. I like how it turned out, although I'm not very good at the whole straight line thing:~)


DSC_0001_3

DSC_0007


DSC_0006



Tara

 


3 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! I think it turned out great!
    I'm your newest follower, found you via Friendly Friday. I look forward to reading more from you. Stop by my blog and visit if you get the chance.
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! You did such a nice job on this. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on that sign. Goes perfectly with the tree.

    ReplyDelete