Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dress Refashions

My Mom recently sent me two dresses.  Both were super simple knee length sheath dresses.  The fabrics were fun but the dresses just weren't working for me.  I've been so inspired by the "refashion craze" going on lately in the craft blog world that I immediately got to thinking about how I could make these dresses work. 

Dress #1:

Cute fabric, but way short on me.  And the top portion fit way better than the bottom. 
IMG_0100 

So with my trusty scissors and some bias tape (Have I ever mentioned that I love bias tape....guess that's another story.) this cute dress found a new life as a super cute top. 
DSC_0035

Dress #2:

One day I will remember to take pictures before I start hacking away but that day was not today.  This dress fit much better all over, but it was missing something.  The fabric is very eye catching, but the style was very....blah. Here is the dress at the beginning of my little project.


IMG_0101 

I dropped the neckline, added some decorative stitching, and switched out the straps. Here it is now....


DSC_0030
Sorry for the terrible pic, self photography never turns out well.



1 comment:

  1. You are so freaking crafty! Looks great, and I like the picture too-

    ReplyDelete