Thursday, June 9, 2011

Souvenir Pennies

I love to travel. I also love to pick up little things to remember my trips by. And my most favorite souvenirs are flattened pennies. They are cheap, generally around 51 cents unless its a flattened dime or quarter, and they are small which makes them easy to pack. I have collected quite a few over the years.


DSC_0395
 
The one's not in my book are my newest additions from my trip to California.


A while back I was flipping through one of my mom's jewelry magazines. One of the articles discusses making these puppies into Jewelry.  I loved the idea!! So we got to work.


My mom and I ordered some copper chain and copper ear hooks online.  We also picked up some pretty glass beads at a local bead shop in town. My hubby used a small drill bit and put holes in both ends of the pennies I chose to make into Jewelry.


  DSC_0399


DSC_0399


DSC_0398


Tara



2 comments:

  1. I love this idea also. When we go somewhere I am always picking 3 different ones up for the kids to put in there scrapbooks but this is even a better idea!

    ReplyDelete