Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pinterest

So I'm sure everyone has heard of this site by now. What can I say, I'm a little behind the curve.  But, I just love it so much that I had to say something. I came upon Pinterest.com while catching up on one of my favorite blogs, Young House Love. Sherry mentioned it in her mother's day post and I had to check it out. At this point in time access to the site is by invite only.  So I entered my info and anxiously awaited mine.  About a week later it showed up in my inbox and boy was I excited start exploring this fun new site.


Those of you who are behind the curve like me are probleming asking "What exactly is the fun new site that you are all excited about?"...


"Think of Pinterest as a virtual pinboard — a place where you can create collections of things you love and "follow" collections created by people with great taste.


People use Pinterest to collect and share all sorts of things -- wedding inspiration, favorite T-shirts, DJ equipment. You name it, people are pinning it." (http://pinterest.com/about/)


I am always looking for a good way to keep track of projects I want to do, inspiration I find, things I am pining for, books I want to read, and so on. I am an incredibly visual person.  I have tried several ways of keeping track of things and I feel like ideas and projects always get lost in piles and whatnot.  This site is laid out and that I can keep track of things with pictures in one big space.


Another awesome feature is the ability to share your "Pins" with your friends and other people using the site. Its really alot of fun. One of my bestest friends put it into perfect words...


"I am loving this Pinterest thing! It's so fun to see what you post and have you comment on mine. It's like looking through a gorgeous magazine with you every day and making comments together."


Pinterest.com is exactly what I have been looking for, too bad I didn't have the brilliant idea first:~)


Feel free to check out my Pinterest board.


Tara



No comments:

Post a Comment