Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Pretty Apron

I ordered some fabric to make an apron over a month ago.  I don't know if it was the weather or bad postal workers, but this was my second package in less than a month to get lost in the mail (and people wonder why the post office is loosing money??).  Luckily the seller was extremely pleasant to work with and they re-shipped as soon as it looked like the first package was never going to make it.  Anyways, I finally received it yesterday and it's gorgeous!!! 


DSC_0001


This is from Amy Butler's new Soul Blossom Collection.  I'm inlove! I wish I could order all of it, but for now I will have to be satisfied with this small sample.


As soon as I got it home I washed and dried it and got to work on my fun new apron. I did not use a patter for this one.  I have an old plain apron that I used for measurements.


DSC_0002


I did not use the standard tie in the back.  Instead the sash wraps around and fastens using a button.


DSC_0004


I really love how it turned out.  The only sad thing about super cute aprons is they are made to get messy.


Tara


 


 



CreativeShareWednesdays



3 comments:

  1. As usual, you are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely apron! The fabric you used is just gorgeous! I really like the idea of wrapping the sash around and securing it with a button, really great idea. Stopped by from the link party on Tea Rose Home.

    ReplyDelete