Friday, October 26, 2012

Point and Shoot NO MORE


I'm not 100% new when it comes to my camera.  I know the most basics like where the shutter release button is and how to work the flash. When I first started to learn in highschool I used a completely manual camera.  Absolutely no point and shoot available; however, since then I have  fallen into the auto mode trap. Don't get me wrong I have taken some pretty great pictures using my trusty auto mode.






Heck, this one I took with my iPhone.


These photos are some of my favorites.  They hang on my wall in my living room, have graced pages in calendars for family christmas gifts, and won an award or two at the fair. I've even sold a few. I like to call myself an accidental photographer:) But, you can only fake it until you make it for so long.  I'm ready to take a steps forward into becoming a real photographer and getting out of auto mode. 

Like I mentioned in my last post, I will be working my way through this course over at ItsOverflowing.com and posting about my adventure each Friday. Since I already have my camera and know it's basic functions I'll be starting with Week 2 - Aperture. So check back next Friday to see how it goes:)






No comments:

Post a Comment