Thursday, October 25, 2012

I'm baaaccckkk!

Boy! it has been a long time since I've posted on here.  I have been busy, busy, busy. School, life, and a new bouncing baby boy have kept me on my toes. 2012 has been a full year. So needless to say I haven't had much time for crafting these days. To be honest I haven't really even had the urge to create anything.  I did recently make myself a "costume" for a halloween themed bunco. I made myself a Mrs Incredible Apron.  I figured I'd put a mom/wife/homemaker spin on the idea:) It was the first time I have ever used my sewing machine to applique. It wasn't perfect, but I was still pretty happy with the finished product, especially since it only took about 2 hours to make.


(inspiration: Pinterest)

The only other thing I've made since D was born would be this: 


(inspiration: Pinterest/Uncommon Goods)

I saw this while perusing the internet a while back and I had to have one. I just didn't want to pay the hefty $150 price tag that when with it.  So I put my Silhouette HD to work, found a frame at Joann's, and put this puppy together for a whopping $5:) 

So that is the extent of the creativeness I have experienced over the last nine months. I'm hoping that my creative bug will come back, but in the mean time I do have some other projects going.  I have been getting better antiquated with my camera lately, having a baby will do that. I took photography in highschool and have since forgotten most of it. I figured since I have my camera out anyways it was high time that I re-learned it all. I found this photography overview over at ItsOverflowing.com and it seemed like a great place to start getting re-acquainted. I will try my best to post my progress on Friday's and hope to get back into the bloggy world bit by bit:)

No comments:

Post a Comment